Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 31: Of Red Flags & Intuition

It is the last day of January and as I am working feverishly on my book, I am also working on other parts of my life to make my 5th decade my happiest and healthiest yet. It is not something that I am taking lightly, nor is it something that I know will be easy since the biggest stumbling block is myself, specifically the fact that for most of my life I have ignored my own intuition and the red flags that told me my intuition is right.

As cliched (and new agey) as it sounds, if I had one piece of advice for young people it is that you do know what your truth is, what is right for you and what you "should" do, so don't ignore that voice inside of yourself that tells you that something is or isn't right for you. Instead, ignore the voice of others telling you theirs.

That's not to say that you have to ignore the advice, experience and wisdom of others, or those in similar positions, just use it as another factor to consider when making decisions. But remember that it is only one factor, not the main factor; and that this guidance and advice is based on their own experiences and their own intuition. That doesn't make it right for you or anyone else, only for them. As my own personal Messiah always tells me, nobody can really walk in anybody else's shoes so they really can't judge how we ought to be living.

As a big fan of motivational quotes and inspirational writing, I have been collecting those that really speak to me and this one is probably one of the truest and says best what I am trying to follow for myself. 














No comments:

Post a Comment