Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 17: In Pursuit of a DFZ (Drama Free Zone)

Today has been one of those days that I might have called boring when I was young, say 20-something (yeah, that was a long time ago). Not that I was bored, or that I didn't have anything to do, or that I found it boring. I had plenty to do and I did a lot of it. In fact, I have so much to do I didn't finish it all.

It's just that as I have been working on looking at my life differently, I realized what I used to think was exciting when I was young, was just getting caught up in everybody's drama. Ironically, it gets really boring if that's all you ever get from them.

As I have gotten older, I find that I really have no tolerance anymore for drama, big or small. And, I am really, really tired of people making little things so big, or turning everything into a hassle when it really isn't.

I am digging my heels in and not allowing myself to be dragged into it anymore. And, it's not for lack of other people trying to create it. I have just reached the point where I have just started to back away and to "disengage." I don't get angry, I don't get upset, and I just respond politely and then stop responding by moving on to something or someone else.

To yet again use another tired cliché, life is short. There are so many things I want to do and see, so many people I want to be with who don't create drama, and sadly, there's enough "real" drama in living, you don't need to create your own. Why would I want to waste what precious free time I have in helping you do that? So, if anyone wants to join me, I would love some company in my pursuit of a DFZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment