Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 26: This Used To Be My Playground

Okay, less than one month in and I have already used Madonna's music twice. Not sure what's up with that because I certainly wouldn't say I am her biggest fan. But, this song kept playing in my head as I went through the park and the play area this morning on my way home from taking my walk.


I not only live in the town that I was born in (okay, Mr. Literal, not exactly, I live about 2 cities over from the hospital I was born in), but, I live in the house next door to the one I spent my earliest years in. And, we live across from a park, the park that I spent many happy hours playing in when I was little.

So, as I was cooling down from my walk I decided to stroll through the park and snap some pictures. It's funny, even though I see it everyday, and have lived here as an adult a lot longer than I ever did as a kid, whenever I go to the play area, I remember how far away it seemed and how that tiny mound leading up to it seemed like a huge hill. I remember the hours we spent making art projects, playing caroms, and climbing on all of the equipment. It was a great way to grow up, when it really was a simpler time, and I will always be grateful for the happy memories it brings.

Part of the original equipment that the residents asked the City to keep, at least until it rots!

The submarine is also still there and dad still hates it because it still makes that major squeaking noise!





No comments:

Post a Comment