Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 15: The Power of Productivity

Well, today has been a very productive day: I took a walk, I cleaned the house, I got more research done on my section of the next book chapter and wrote some more of it too. So, I decided to do something I haven't done in a long time: I took a bubble bath in the middle of the day. It was wonderful and it felt so decadent. It reminded me that I need to do things like that more often to reinvigorate and recharge.

And now to end the day, I am writing a blog post here. I am not sure what it is about writing this blog but, it really has reinvigorated my writing, has gotten me re-motivated and has actually made me more productive. I was worried that the opposite would happen and I would spend all my time on this and not my work.

I don't know if there's a tired cliche like there is for everything else, but I am thinking, "productivity breeds productivity" works for what I am trying to convey. Oops, maybe not such a good idea :)!
Writing something so different from my usual "just the facts m'aam" stuff seems to have helped me break through my writer's block. I have been struggling since November with the book and other writing projects. Not sure if it was the holidays, or something else. It could be all that's going on in my brain. That is yet another topic for another day and/or blog.

As I was searching for some brilliant writer's motivational or writer's block quotes, I came across this poster. It answered my question about whether or not there was some kind of connection between stopping to do things like take a long, hot bath, and writing something like this blog. Turns out there is a direct connection and that I am supposed to be writing about doing those things. Hmm, sounds like a great idea for a blog....













No comments:

Post a Comment