Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 55: Battling Burn Out With Bubbles

The end of another week just means my book deadline is closer. Yet, my workload hasn't lightened allowing me to focus on it the way I had hoped I could by this time. It costs money to eat and to have electricity, etc., which means I don't have the luxury of not taking paying jobs to work only on it. So, I am trying to just keep moving forward and not panic, but I am finding it more difficult to do that.

I have been doing things to try to decrease my stress and to try to keep myself healthy. I have been eating more fruits and veggies all day, especially crunchy things like carrots, and I have also been walking a minimum of 2-3 miles, at least 5 times a week. I struggle with the fact that it takes about an hour out of my day by the time I go, come back, and then get back to work. But, it is a necessity and it really helps.


But, my biggest secret weapon in the fight against stress, and that has often prevented me from snapping is a long, hot, bubble bath. I can't remember a time when I did not soak in a tub.

Nor, can I think of anything that I haven't soaked for. I have used my bubble baths to relax, to soothe my tired and aching muscles, to reflect on a great day, to daydream about a crush or a new love, to celebrate achievements and happy occasions, and to prepare for big, stressful days like my comprehensive exams and my thesis presentation while in grad school. And more often than not, I have used it to have a good cry and to literally wash my tears away. 










No comments:

Post a Comment