Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 51: Keep Your Head To The Sky

Today was a holiday, well, it was for many people, technically it wasn't for me but I still managed to avoid work for most of the day. I am sure I will regret that come the morning when I have to work on the hospital newsletter, the book's Introduction, the book editing, and my continued search for image sources for the book. Oh, and I still have a workshop to prep. for and another column to write.

I always say it is better to be busy than bored, but it has been so long since I have actually been bored, that I think just for a day or two I would like to remember what it feels like.

So, since I was feeling a bit stressed, and starting to get sad because I feel like I am on this non-stop working/chores/working treadmill, I decided to take a bit longer on my walk this morning. Although now that I think about it, I could have spent that extra time weeding in my garden; oh well.

I love to be outside, I always feel so alive when I am in the fresh air, and walking lets me see things from an entirely different perspective. It is hard for me to be sad or worried when I look at everything around me, even just walking through the neighborhood gives me a fresh perspective. I think that's because there's a park across the street and I can look up at the trees and at the sky and it helps snap me out of my funk.

Things always look differently when you look up





This song is another thing that always helps, it has always motivated me, and kept me going in times when I sometimes think I can't. 

"Optimistic" by The Sounds of Blackness:

Keep keep On.... Never Say Die....
When in the midst of sorrow
You can' t see up when looking down
A brighter day tomorrow will bring

You hear the voice of reason
Telling you this can't never be done
No matter how hard reality seems
Just hold on to your dreams

Don't give up and don't give in
Although it seems you never win
You will always pass the test
As long as you keep your head to the sky
You can win as long as you keep your head to the sky
You can win as long as you keep your head to the sky
Be optimistic

If things around you crumble
No you don't have to stumble and fall
Keep pushing on and don't you look back

I know the storms and strive
Cloud up your outlook on life 
 Just think ahead and you'll be inspired
To reach higher and higher.

You'll always do your best
If you learn to never say never
You may be down but you're not out.

Don't give up and don't give in
Although it seems you never win
You will always pass the test
As long as you keep your head to the sky
You can win as long as you keep your head to the sky (you can win child)
You can win as long as you keep your head to the sky
Be optimistic

Don't you let no body stop you.....
Be optimistic

You can win Yes
Never say die...

No comments:

Post a Comment