Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 47: The Sleeping Garden


It is now 12:30 a.m.; technically Day 48 and I just finished working on the hospital's newsletter because I am two days behind our schedule. I am at a dead-end, and still have to wait for info. from a planning meeting that takes place next week. So, I am going to send what I have to our graphic artist and hope that this issue he can get it done in less than nine revisions.

That in itself is a long story (i.e. how he literally pastes my changes/instructions in the final product and doesn't see it).  I have learned in the nearly six years I have been working with him that the more I can get it complete and correct from the beginning, the less stressful and frustrating it is for me. Unfortunately, I am not in that position this issue.

I certainly did not intend to write about him or the newsletter on this blog. But, as I have written before, I never know what I am going to write until I open up Blogger and click on "new post." Sometimes I do have an idea during the day. Today, (okay, now yesterday) I did not.

And, as I just keep working until midnight or later, night after night, I have to admit I am getting tired and even crankier than usual. I know that this is temporary and that I will be able to do the things I have been wanting to do; like garden, once my book is done.

It is sad though. My garden looks like a jungle, there are literally thigh high weeds against the back wall, my raised bed garden has last summer's thyme now growing like a giant weed over and outside of it, and there's some kind of mystery plant coming up in one of them. I do however have lettuce and of course that other weed that has reseeded itself from when I planted it three years ago, Chamomile. At least it has pretty flowers on it :)!

For those who have the misfortune of seeing my garden now, (or seeing me for that matter), please respect the now slumbering garden. Do not make a big deal about the weeds by speaking out loud or gasping about how bad it looks. It is hibernating and it is supposed to look that way. Hey, that's my story and I am sticking to it!




No comments:

Post a Comment