Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 84: Sisterhood Is Powerful

There is something amazing about sisters. No matter what happens to us in our lives, no matter how crazy we might make each other at times, how long its been since we've seen each other, how old we get, and how different we might be, we are always there for each other.

I am fortunate to have two older sisters, both of whom are two of the nicest women you'd ever have the privilege of meeting. It would be amazing to have either of them as a friend or a sister, but for some reason, I was lucky enough to get both of them. Now that is the perfect "two-fer."

Unlike me, they are also both "shiny" and always seem to see the glass as half full, rather than half empty. I suppose I am the half-empty one in the family to kind of balance things out.

And, since they are both older, I will always be the "little" sister, which kind of takes the sting out of turning 50 this year (just sayin').

The other privilege of being the little sister is that no matter what you do, they always look out for you, even when you do something stupid and feel at your lowest, they are always there to lift you up, even when you make it hard for them to even try. I might not always show it or be the best at opening up, but, your love and support never goes unnoticed or unappreciated. I love you both very much and I always will.


Judi, Miriam, and Sue, Halloween circa 1966?




No comments:

Post a Comment