Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 78: Anticipating Spring

The first day of spring, or to get fancy, the Vernal Equinox, is now only two days away but it sure doesn't feel like it. I think Mother Nature is trying to remind us that it is still winter because here in L.A., we don't usually know when the seasons change. So, she's having winter go out with a bold statement so we don't forget.

It has been rainy, windy and chilly for us here in the South Bay. The high today was 57 and the low was 43. I know for my friends that live where it often snows (that's you Pablo and Ivanna), I know I sound like a total whiner (note: I am one, see my previous post where I admit to it).

But, whiner or not, I am ready for spring. To state the obvious, I was born in the spring, I love flowers and I love to garden. But more than that, spring is literally the time for new life, for new growth and for change. It provides the perfect metaphor for what this blog with its process of self-discovery is all about.

I know that I will be done soon with the book and will be able to get into my own garden and also visit some of my favorite gardens to see what's new and what's familiar each spring. I cannot wait. I am hoping that some of you will join me not only by reading this blog, but literally when I am ready to get out and play!

But, until then, I will have to satisfy my premature spring fever with some photos of visits past.


My favorite flower and  my favorite color. Iris at the Huntington Library and Botanic Garden, spring 2010.

Bougainvillea at Getty Center, May 14, 2009




Getty Center, May 14, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment